Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne
Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin. It is, as far as he knows, the only way of coming downstairs, but sometimes he feels that there really is another way, if only he could stop bumping for a moment and think of it. And then he feels that perhaps there isn’t. Anyhow, here he is at the bottom, and ready to be introduced to you. Winnie-the-Pooh.
Unbelievably charming. Like eating the yummiest apple pie, if that’s what innocence tasted like.
1. In Which We Are Introduced to Winnie-the-Pooh and Some Bees, and the Stories Begin
2. In Which Pooh Goes Visiting and Gets into a Tight Place
3. In Which Pooh and Piglet Go Hunting and Nearly Catch a Woozle
4. In Which Eeyore Loses a Tail and Pooh Finds One
5. In Which Piglet Meets a Heffalump
6. In Which Eeyore Has a Birthday and Gets Two Presents
7. In Which Kanga and Baby Roo Come to the Forest, and Piglet Has a Bath
8. In Which Christopher Robin Leads an Expotition to the North Pole
9. In Which Piglet is Entirely Surrounded by Water
10. In Which Christopher Robin Gives Pooh a Party, and We Say Goodbye